Sunday

Big Sky State Games: Running in the Heat.


It was billed as "Come run with Miss Montana" and one of the competitive events to kick off the annual Big Sky State Games on Friday, July 20.
I raced in the Big Sky Games 5K in 100 degree weather alongside many other athletes. It was actually a lot of fun! People in the neighborhoods along the race route had put their sprinklers pointed toward the road and were out cheering on the many runners. It was great to see them getting involved and providing some much needed cool water for the runners!

I finished with a time of 21.49, putting me at second for my 19-24 age group. I was very surprised with my finish and proud that my many training runs had paid off.
After the race I quickly put on my crown and helped hand out awards. I confess that I did not look my best after having run in the heat, but it was fun getting to participate in an event and in the ceremonies.
It was amazing to see all of the participation in the Big Sky State Games. Montana has some truly amazing athletes! It was also great to see people leading healthy lifestyles and being concerned about personal fitness.

I had a wonderful time at the games, despite the heat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristen,Audra Duncan here,better known in Lewistown as "Audie",I recently saw a pagent on tv and was again reminded of how proud I am of you.It is clear that you have represented Montana,Lewistown,and your family,in a way that I would hope that all "public representitives" should aspire to,and it look as if you have enjoyed it also,WOW!!,so many have been taught so much by being in your gracefully giving presence.Kisten please say hi to your family for me,and will see you all next time in Lewistown.Audie,
audratduncan@hotmail.com