Sunday

Independence Day...July 4th


My first parade as Miss Montana was in Lewistown on July 4th. My grandfather was asked to drive the car I rode in. I think he was pretty pleased with that! My grandma even went and bought him a new cowboy hat just for the occasion. My cousins also joined in the fun and followed my car handing out candy to the parade watchers. It was a very warm day and I got pretty hot in my sequined evening gown, but it was so much fun getting to see the people who showed up for the parade!
That evening we went out to the family’s ranch for a barbeque and fireworks. After we had dinner my mom, my cousins, and I went for a walk. We ended up taking a long walk around much of the ranch. We saw several deer and even some young fawns. We watched as the sun began to slip below the mountains and cast golden glows over the rolling hills full of wheat and straw bales. When we got back it was time for fireworks! It was a wonderful Independence Day that I felt so blessed to be able to share with my family.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Kristen!! I told you that first night that you had it! I hope you are enjoying your time so far and I was very pleased to hear about your 2nd place finish at the Big Sky State Games. Good luck this year and at Miss America...my family and I are rooting you on! By the way, this is my favorite picture (reminds me of my farm). Miss you, Tiff