Sunday

Grand Street Theatre Camp & Shodair Hospital

July 18: Theatre Camp and Shodair Hospital --- both in Helena, our state capital.
I am beginning to see how much variety my job will have this year! I went from speaking in front of adult insurance agents to 200 youth theatre camp participants!
At the Grandstreet Theater’s camp in Helena, I gave a quick speech to all of the participants and then taught a workshop to the third graders. All of the kids had such enthusiasm! It was great to see kids pursuing their dreams as they work to become better actors and actresses.
Josie Adams helped me during my workshop. Josie was one of the contestants at Miss Montana who had made Top Ten. We have become friends because of meeting at the competition, so it was great to get to hang out with her again. They are just about to begin their production of the musical “Grease”, in which Josie has the lead role of Sandy. I am so proud of her and hope to see her amazing performance sometime.
After I was done at the Grandstreet I stopped at Shodair Medical Center to visit with Ellen Livers. She was kind enough to give me a tour of the facility and tell me a little bit more about Children’s Miracle Network. I am so excited to become more involved with CMN and to help raise funds for Shodair.

No comments: