Sunday

Hometown Support!

When I returned home to Lewistown on Sunday, June 17th, I was feeling ready for bed! However, my family had some other ideas. When we drove into town we drove straight out to my grandparents and aunt and uncle’s ranch. They had a barbeque planned to congratulate me! It was so fun to see my whole extended family there ready to congratulate me. My twin cousins, Justin and Jordan, and their older sister Melisa, had a bouquet of roses and a cake waiting for me!
Monday morning I thought that I would be able to catch up on some much needed sleep. However, Lewistown had other plans for me! My parents woke me and told me to get ready for interviews! Right away on Monday I had interviews with the radio station, a television station, the Lewistown News Argus, and an interview over the phone with the Glendive paper. It was all so exciting!

In a small town like Lewistown news travels fast. I was already being congratulated by people all over Lewistown. It felt so good to know how much my hometown was supporting me. The Yogo Inn of Lewistown and the Chamber of Commerce even sponsored a reception in my honor. It was such a kind thing to do and a fun time to get to see people from all over Lewistown. I am so proud to represent Lewistown!

No comments: