Sunday

Miss Washington...July 6-7



I was honored with the chance to be a guest at the Miss Washington competition. Lois Elaine was one of my judges and invited me out to see the Miss Washington competition. She was planning to be my hostess for the event but her husband ended up getting sick. Fortunately she was able to make it for the final night and I was honored to get to watch the show with her that night.
The competition was held in Tacoma, Washington. I flew to Portland and received a ride from the Clark County board of directors. They were such nice ladies and I enjoyed my chance to get to know them. During the competition I roomed with Kate, Miss South Dakota. She is such a great girl and we became fast friends. Our chaperones were Bev and Bob. They were two amazing volunteers with the Miss Washington program and treated us like their own daughters. I was thrilled with the chance to get to know them.
We enjoyed a lovely luncheon on the waterfront with Nick, the head judge at Miss Montana.
Miss Idaho and Miss Oregon were also guests there. All of the girls were so kind and I am looking forward to seeing them again at Miss America. We were all given the chance to perform our talents at the competition. It was amazing to dance on the beautiful stage at the Pentage Theater.
On Saturday night Elyse Unemoto was crowned Miss Washington 2007. After her crowning there was a reception and dance. It was a fun time to hang out with the other state title holders and Miss Washington contestants.
Sunday morning I headed back to Portland to catch my Big Sky flight to the beautiful state of Montana! I had a wonderful time at Miss Washington and felt so blessed at getting to meet all of the amazing people I did.

No comments: