Monday

Richland County Fair

On August 2nd, I flew to Billings to work with Cami, pick up photo pages at Alphagraphics, and have a have a session with Laurie at Guccione Salon and Spa. I then continue by flying on Big Sky Airlines to Sidney to be able to participate in the Richland County Fair. That night Avice picked me up and was kind enough to let me be a guest at the Hoff Ranch. The next day we returned to Sidney where I helped the Co-Ops with their root beer float give-away. I also gave out autographed pictures and did several interviews. The Richland County fair has beautiful seed pictures done by each community.
I had two pleasant surprises while I was there. Bridget Clawson was working at the fair and I had the chance to visit with her. Bridget was a fellow contestant with me in the Miss Montana Scholarship Program and was selected to be the Miss Congeniality scholarship award winner. Getting to visit with her reminded me just how deserving she is of that award. Bridget truly has a heart of gold and is able to put a smile on anyone’s face. I also saw Gillette Vaira, another fellow contestant, and her parents. We got to visit more while I enjoyed a delicious cheeseburger at the 4-H food booth! Of course there were several radio and TV interviews that took place.
I had a great time in Sidney, especially having gotten the chance to see some amazing friends and also meet Sophie Steinbeisser’s mom and grandmother, and some of her teachers. Sidney loves Sophie.

Friday, Avice and I traveled to Billings to put the final touches on my presentation and to practice. I got in several great runs….one in the country and one in Billings.

No comments: