Wednesday

Dawson County Fair - August 10 & 11

I got to return to Glendive for the county fair. It felt like going home. After having competed three times in Glendive for Miss Montana, Glendive has begun to feel like home. I have met so many amazing people there and it was such a joy to have the chance to see them again. It was fun to visit with them when I wasn’t under the stressful circumstances of competing. It was also fun to return to Glendive as Miss Montana, having been there so often with the hopes of achieving that dream.
On Friday, I spent the morning and afternoon helping to hand out ribbons at the 4-H judging. It was great to see the kids showing their animals and seeing how all of their hard work and dedication to their projects had paid off.
That afternoon I performed a few dances and spoke at the community stage. I had a few special guests in the audience, my three Miss Montana Little Sisters, each from my past years of competing! It was so exciting to get to visit with them after my performance.

Friday evening I was driven into the rodeo arena on a horse-drawn buckboard. It was quite the bumpy ride! Once in the arena I drew the lucky raffle ticket for a trip for two people to the National Rodeo Finals in Las Vegas!
On Saturday I helped out at the first ever Water Olympics at the Glendive pool. Kids were given the chance to compete in all sorts of fun water games at the chance to receive prizes and candy. Later in the day I was a judge in the diving contest. I saw some beautiful dives and some impressive cannon balls!
Saturday afternoon I again performed at the community stage. Once again I got to see some of my past little sisters! It has been so much fun to watch how they have grown up over the past three years!
Saturday evening I got to announce who had won the kiss the pig contest! The sheriff was the unlucky….I mean lucky winner! I applied a lovely shade of cherry red lipstick on his lips and in return got an imprint of that on my cheek! I then explained to him that the pig was in the other corner and that he had better hurry over or he’ll make the pig jealous! He then placed a lovely peck on the pig! I’m just glad that he didn’t decide to give me a kiss after that! I then helped with the livestock auction where I was a ring man ---woman---- during the auction.
I had such a lovely time in Glendive! While I was there I stayed with Ardie, who had been my host mom at last year’s competition. She is such an amazing and sweet lady. I enjoyed coming home and staying up late visiting with her. She is not only an amazing hostess but a wonderful friend. She lives by Mikoshika State Park, so in the mornings I go for runs through the beautiful badlands. I am always treated to breath taking sunrises and glimpses of deer and many rabbits.

Our program's photographer, Dorothy, was able to snap many photos for the local sponsors.

No comments: