Wednesday

Montana Highway Patrol: Hope Project Golf Classic

Hope Project Golf Tournament…July 20th

For the MHP Hope Project Golf Tournament I traveled to the beautiful Yellowstone Club in the Gallatin Canyon near Big Sky and West Yellowstone. The tournament, dinner, and auction were to raise money for the Hope Project. I have been designated as an official spokeswoman for this year for the Bears that Care, the Montana Highway Patrol.
During the tournament I was stationed at the 3rd hole. I had been told earlier that there had been some real bear sightings, especially at the 3rd hole. So when I was dropped off there I was given a can of bear spray! I was a little nervous, but I had no encounters with any bears! Instead I had only a gorgeous view of the mountains sprawling before me. When we were leaving I even saw a moose and its baby!
After everyone finished their golf games we enjoyed a delicious dinner followed by an auction and awards with several special guests. Montana's Attorney General Mike McGrath and Governor Brian Schweitzer, and several Hope Project wish recipients and their families were in attendance. Governor Schweitzer and I handed out awards and then had pictures taken with the recipients and their families. The recipients were all smiles at being the special guests at an event that helps sponsor the wishes that make their dreams come true!

No comments: